Tarva Dresser Makeover

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Ikea Hack time ;) I just super love that store! even it means driving 51 miles south! We bought the Tarva dresser which I use as console table at the moment (might move it to the Master bedroom once we change the floor upstairs).

This is the first time that I painted a furniture like seriously I haven't painted a furniture in my entire life! I watched tons of "How to paint a furniture" on Youtube, of course, and read tons of blogs about it, I found a couple of awesome blogs & some inspiration. 

And then I went on to do my first furniture makeover!


I did still sand it, but only lightly with a fine sand grit paper and then I put the primer, I used Zinsser primer (oil based) then let it dry, when it was dry I went ahead and put the second coating, after it was all dry, I slightly sanded it again and then put an off the shelf white paint with glossy finish. 

As for the drawers I used a stain which is the dark oak first and then the weathered gray stain, I was going for a driftwood look to at least match the dining table, but it didn't turn out the way I like it to be, but yeah I guess it's ok it's my first time right?  I learned a lot from this project! Then I changed the hardware I bought a cabinet knobs at home depot and just screwed them in! then for the last part I put polyurethane for protection and finishing touch, so it will look shiny like a pro did it! haha I make it sound so easy, right? well actually it's not that really hard, but I did have some problems while I was doing it, like the staining, I put two different color stain that's maybe why it didn't turn out the way I like it to be. smh and you gotta have a lot of patience. lol

So, don't be scared to repaint your furniture, after all if you didn't like the outcome you can always paint it again! 


B E F O R E + A F T E R :

I think we spent around $250 including all the materials needed. Wow! right? instead of spending $800 dollars console table that we are eyeing at Ashley's furniture store. Now, I'm going for more projects! lol 

Thanks for reading & have a good day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top